REVIEW- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation 51

I really do have such a love-hate relationship with Bourjois. I love the products, hate the colour range. I have what my mum likes to call "very traditional Irish colouring", sometimes referred to as 'Black Irish', i.e very dark hair, very pale skin (with a fair few freckles in my case) and green eyes. I actually quite like having pale skin, I never fake tan (the amount of disasters I've had could make up an entire blog!) or try to change the colour of my skin, I much prefer to embrace the pale, which is incredibly hard when NO foundations are light enough!!!! Yes, yes I know that brands such as Illumasqua and Chanel cater for all shades,  but I really would rather stick with a brand I know and love, particularly one that doesn't cost a fortune.

Anyway, when I was a few years younger, I was utterly clueless about what sort of colour foundation I should be wearing, so I ended up buying beige foundations which was a massive mistake; orange face + white neck = tide line + very silly looking girl. As the years have moved on, my knowledge of make up has improved mainly through trial and error (and a very honest mother), so I realised I needed a much paler foundation. I firstly bought the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 51- Vanille Clair, it was okay.. it smells absolutely gorgeous and fresh, it applies easily, it wasn't massively long-lasting but I was overall impressed. I still didn't feel entirely happy with it though so I turned to the Healthy Mix Foundation (I'm now on my second bottle), also in the shade 51.


  • Firstly, the foundation combined with the primer I've reviewed here is a match made in heaven. Seriously, they go so well together! I started off persevering with this purely because I couldn't find another foundation that is pale enough from a dependable brand, but as the months go on, I've taken a shine to this product.
  • This is the lightest shade Bourjois do and it's still unfortunately too dark for my skin, but as I'm only using a little bit over my moisturiser/primer it spreads out fairly evenly and just about works.  
  • The finish of this foundation is dewy and very natural, it can be light but is generally medium coverage, definitely buildable (however it can look a bit congealed if too much is applied so one layer is best). It's probably best for normal to combination skin, it wouldn't be the best choice for oily skin but works well on dry skin as it doesn't cling to any slightly drier areas.
  • The packaging is genius, you can see exactly how much you have left, and at £8ish, it's a reasonable price to pay. Oh, and it smells equally as lovely as the Serum.

Wearing Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 + Revlon Just Bitten in Crush. Apologies for the unruly eyebrows, tonight will be a much needed pamper night!

MESSAGE TO REVLON: One of my pet make-up peeves is when foundation bottles come without a pump. Regardless of how amazing the reviews might be or how light the shade is (cough Colorstay in Ivory cough cough), I refuse to tip foundation onto my hand. If anyone knows where you can a pump for Revlon foundations, please let me know!!

2 comments :

  1. This review is very detailed - I love it! P.S you're so pretty
    Ellie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I absolutely love your reviews (please get Bloglovin' so I can follow your blog) x

      Delete