REVIEW- Nivea Daily Essentials Range// Cleanser and Toner

Gentle Cleansing Cream Wash £3.59

Another really good product from this range- the cleanser. I bought the one for dry and sensitive skin, they also have one for normal and combination skin but it's in slightly different packaging and the reviews for the one I bought were like 4/4.5 out of 5, it's easy to see why. I don't actually have dry or sensitive skin, it's definitely more normal/combination but lately because of the ridiculous temperatures that we have here in England, my cheeks in particular have been getting a little dry, so really this was quite a convenient buy!

The product is a white creamy lotion flecked with pink granules which aren't too rough on the skin. It feels quite nice to apply but don't expect it to lather up because it won't, it's just not that kind of product, but it leaves the skin feeling so so soft and refreshed, and like the other products in the range, it's fairly cheap and really good value for money.

2 in 1 Cleanser and Toner £3.59

So this is a bit of a weird one it has to be said, but once you can get past the smell (fresh but a little bit too 'doctor's surgery'), it's actually a nice product. For certain days.. it's not really a daily essential. Basically I find that this product does leave skin feeling moisturised and fresh and all that, but I've been using this for a month or so now and I don't feel that the toner part of the product is really up to scratch. Not compared to my inexpensive and cherished Simple Soothing Facial Toner, anyway. But perhaps that's just the way the product is meant to be. Also Nivea claims it can either be "removed with a cotton pad or water"- ignore the cotton pad part, I find it works best in the shower, and after having just taken it off with a cotton pad, my skin had that 'it's still there' feeling, not great. Alas, I will persevere because the rest of the range has been so good and maybe all it needs is time.

Oh, and again, I jumped on the bandwagon a bit with this one- really good ratings on the Superdrug website, and I don't think they do a dry skin equivalent, though it doesn't massively matter with this product.

(Okay, I'm aware I may be sounding a bit like a product-pusher promoter sort of person for Nivea, I'm really not, I just love this range. There are certain Nivea products that I don't agree with at all so please don't go thinking I'm affiliated with them in any way!)

No comments :

Post a Comment