A trip to the city of lurrrrrrrve

I'm having a bit of a nostalgic moment over here- so if you don't want to read the yearning ramblings and photographs of a travel-holic, keep scrolling- about my favourite city-break destination.. Paris. I love remembering trips so read on for the stereotypical tourist stuff with a few recommended gems thrown in there:
I always walk the same route to the get to the Louvre when I'm in Paris. I think this is Rue la Fayette, and it's a lovely road to walk down- it is really really long and the closer you get to the center, the nicer the road becomes. (I think this particular photo was taken outside Starbucks on the Rue la Fayette/Rue Saulnier intersection).
An absolute MUST whilst in Paris- you need to visit the Opera National de Paris; it is one of my favourite places in the whole of Europe. So many people just ignore it or take a photo of it but I'd definitely recommend catching a matinée or some light lunch from the outside restaurant (which is a bit pricey), or if you're only there quickly pop into the gift shop, it's a treasure trove for ballet stuff.
I know nothing about architecture and I'm really never interested in it but isn't it just so gorgeous! At this point, we're on my favourite street in Paris (maybe exlcuding the Champs-Elysées), Avenue de l'Opera. An absolute must!
I'm not really a sweet shop kind of gal, but when my friend introduced me to this I was blown away. It smells so gorgeous that you can pretty much get your sugar fix from just standing there. The staff are so helpful and ridiculously eager to offer up samples. It is somewhere on Avenue de l'Opera but I can't remember where exactly- if anyone knows please comment below!
I won't dwell on the touristy stuff but it is nice to have a mooch around and take a few snaps. If it were up to me, I'd spend half an hour tops in the Louvre ( not a huge art fan, I'll take a photo of the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo but that's about it). Unfortunately this trip was with my mum, who is the biggest art buff ever and wanted to spend hours there- but we were so hungry, so we found the a really quaint restaurant tucked away on the other side of the Seine. It had such a chilled atmosphere and we spent lunch watching the last leg of the Tour de France on TV, before heading over the nearest bridge to actually watch it- it was amazing!
We spent some time at the Eiffel Tower but it's one of those things that you only really need to do once before you can sit back and enjoy the view from afar.
Nearby the Palais de Chaillot area, there were lots of partners taking a weekly ballroom dance class, and it absolutely made my day. They were all captivating to watch, and all equally amazing.
The next day we spent hours traipsing through the billions of shops on the Champs-Elysées- didn't take any snaps of that. Although I've seen the Arc de Triomphe many a time, I had never actually walked up it (mainly because I'm ridiculously lazy) so on a spur of the moment decision, we decided to go and see what all the fuss was about. (Oh, and I'm aware it looks like I've taken a photo of the three women but their photographer friend was standing right beside us!)

This was the perfect way to end our trip, so we jumped back on the metro for a few blocks, had a complete palava getting locked out of Charles de Gaulle's train system because we unintentionally hopped the train, finally caught our plane within minutes of the last boarding call and made it back safe and sound. Success!

Sorry this was so photo-heavy; nothing beats a good reminder of a nice trip.


4 comments :

  1. Lovely pics! Paris is soo beautiful, I've always wanted to go! It's definitely on my to-do list :)

    Monica x

    http://thetotalopposite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the opportunity to go, you will absolutely love it! That was my fifth trip now and it never gets old, there's always something new to be discovered..

      x

      Delete
  2. I'd love to go, it looks absolutely amazing! And we could be doing with that weather now, it's so cold when it's supposed to be spring :(

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I hope you get the chance to go (it was about £200 per person when we went, feel free to contact me via email if you want to know more, I could help you find a pretty good deal), and the weather is a bit better now thank god! x

      Delete