Drugstore mini-haul: Make Up #1

On Wednesday, I went for a little shop in Boots and Superdrug whilst waiting for my brother to meet me for lunch, and these are a few of the beauty purchases that I picked up!


L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara- Black

A little bit too close up for my liking but nevertheless, voila!
I'm not a huge mascara wearer, I have dark, long lashes naturally so it's something I really can do without, but I'm a sucker for good advertising, so after hearing Anna rave about this in numerous blog posts and videos, it somehow fell into my shopping basket- oops. Anyhow, I got home and slapped this bad boy on.

I'm not entirely sure what I had expected, but I didn't anticipate the mascara feeling so heavy on my lashes (maybe it just felt heavy because I don't usually wear it, not too sure) but other than that, I was suitably impressed. Volumising? Check. Lengthening? Check. That lovely no-clumps allowed formula? Check.




UPDATE: After trying the mascara on a second time, it wasn't heavy at all- I must have just been really tired the first time!

Tangle Teezer- Orange


I've had this on my list for quite some time, but I was never really certain about buying it- I've been pretty happy with my current hairbrush collection- but again, curiosity slayed me. Now, I've only tried this out for a few days now but I'm not a fan yet. My hair is pretty thick and long, quite similar to Zoella's I'd imagine, so when I ran this through my hair, I just felt like it was picking up the very outer layer of my hair and leaving the rest a tangled mess underneath. I even felt the need to grab my usual brush and start again.

There is a silver lining though, as ever, in that I did find it to be more effective on towel-dried hair and it was also easier to use to brush out a ponytail. Overall, I'd really recommend this for anybody with fine to medium hair- it worked a dream on my mum, who has relatively fine hair- but for those with thick hair, you may want to give a try before you buy.


If you wanted to try out a similar product that is actually designed for different hair types, check out Michael Mercier's brushes.. (I'm tempted to order this one because it comes with some free goodies).

Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal- Taupe

Taupe on the top, Bad Girl Bronze underneath
 I'm blaming this lovely blogger for this purchase, because the make-up in this post made me ahhh and awww so much that I made a plan to buy most of the products she used- the list is doing well, my bank balance.. not so much. Anyway, I really really like this. It gives a very subtle depth to the eyes without looking or feeling too heavy, so it's perfect for a 'barely there' look, with a colour that stays put for a while. I've not been getting much sleep lately and my eyes have been looking very worse for wear, so I'm also ordering this in Nude to brighten up my eyes without all the hassle of tea bags and cucumber slices! At £3.99 each, you can't really go wrong!

Rimmel ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Stick- Bad Girl Bronze

I picked this up on a whim after seeing it in one of Ruth's videos and it really is pretty darn good for a 'quick fix' product, just to add a bit of smokiness to the eye. I like to thickly line my upper lash line with it before using my little finger to blend it upwards for a subtle everyday look, though it can definitely be build up for a more intense eye. I got mine in Boots' 3 for 2 on Rimmel deal, but I think it's around the £6 mark. Definitely worth it if you've not got much time in the mornings!

As you can see above, I also bought the new Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (Radiance Reveal), but I've already got a separate review planned for that one that will be going up in a few days, and the same applies for a skincare haul which I am currently gathering some ideas for.

Have you tried any of these products? If so, what did you think?

2 comments :

  1. I love the scandel eyes products :) cute blog you have here lovely :)

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are especially good value-wise, and thank you :) yours is too! x

      Delete