REN Skincare Haul & No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm Review

Eeeek, that is one beefy title. Last week, my skin was feeling a bit lackluster and in need of a good old deep cleanse. So I took an impulse trip over to REN, and all that I wanted were a few samples; luckily they have a really good offer through which you get two free samples with every purchase. I stalked the website for ages and, as a first-time buyer, couldn't find anything that was cheap and tester size until I found the kits for different skin types.
My skin type?.. Eh, I don't know, it varies. Right now, I'm claiming it to be normal/combination, but tomorrow it could be oilier, drier, or just anything really. So I went for the combination kit as that's what my skin feels like the majority of the time. The kit costs £12, but with a discount from mhoula (the 10% off one), I got it a slice cheaper at £10.80, not too shabby. Plus there was a deal for free delivery, added bonus. REN always have great deals on their website, currently you can get a free Radiance Duo with any order over £20, and the two trial sized products still applies, so you can save yourself a bundle- and that's what we're all about over here on Student Beauty!

No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm

Firstly, let's just take a minute to admire the packaging, mmm. I've been trying so hard lately to really sort out my cleansing routine, and so far I'm seeing and feeling the biggest difference and the best results, so something's definitely working! (There may be a post to come on that..) This cleanser just felt like my routine was becoming more and more complete,
and this has definitely claimed 'rotation worthy status' in my routine. Oh, and the trial 5ml size is a little deceptive as a little of this goes a long way, this teeny tiny little tube lasts a good three/four uses.

The actual product is like a clear, thick waxy balm that you massage into dry skin to 'melt away dirt and make up', before emulsifying with water, rinsing, and then gently patting dry with a towel. After using this, I've been using an acid-based cleanser to really deeply cleanse my skin, but I'm sure it'd be fine to use alone too. When smoothing this over my skin, it had a really satin/velvet texture to it and just felt absolutely gorgeous, and after rinsing it off, my face felt so smooth and refreshed- so much so, that I found myself inspecting my skin for ages afterwards in awe of it's 'oh so soft' feeling. The only slight downside to it is the fragrance as it's heavily rose-scented but if you're a floral lover like myself, this shouldn't be a problem!

Overall, REN is quickly becoming a new favourite of mine, although it pains me to say that the full size version of this is actually out of stock at the moment as they are reverting to the old packaging, but until it comes back (Summer 2013ish), I'll be right here.. waiting...
I'll be testing out all of the products I bought before deciding which to repurchase full size, so expect to see reviews of the other products to come soon. In the meantime, have any of you guys tried REN skincare? If so, what did you think? 

2 comments :

  1. Simply desire to say your article is as amazing.
    The clarity for your submit is simply excellent and that i can think you are an expert on this subject.
    Well together with your permission allow me to clutch your feed
    to stay updated with imminent post. Thank you a million and please continue the rewarding work.



    My page - http://nuvocleansefacts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this web site regularly, if so then you will definitely take fastidious knowledge.

    Also visit my weblog; Pure Cleanse Diets

    ReplyDelete