Going Milk-Free

I've actually been planning on making this change for a while but I hadn't really researched what going milk-free actually meant, what I could/couldn't have, alternatives, the lot. Since a lot of people in the blogging world have announced that they are also saying goodbye to milk- namely Meg and Ruth- I've been able to understand the whole decision a lot better.

I'm not a huge milk drinker; I don't drink tea/coffee, no milkshakes or smoothies or big glasses before bed, for me it's all about the water, as I'm sure many of you know. I do enjoy a big ol' splash of milk on my cereal in the morning but since learning about various things like the potential link between acne and milk, I've become so conscious about just how much milk I'm using, so I've decided to cut it out completely- along with ice cream (not a huge fan anyway, sorbet is my fave), soft cheese (sob sob), and all other things milky*, including chocolate- wah wah wah!

Whilst writing this post, my brother is doing the food shop and hopefully picking me up some Alpro, which I'll be testing out for the first time in my cereal tomorrow, so I'll keep you guys posted on how things work out!


*The only thing I'm not entirely sure about is butter- like a blogger without a laptop, my bread is not complete without butter, and finding an alternative is just too scary for me right now. I might be able to factor in some sort of almond butter or the like in due course, but for now, butter's staying with me. Along with hard cheese- there is no way I'm giving that up.

4 comments :

  1. I find that my skin does stay a lot clearer when I dont consume a lot of milk (don't like to drink it but I do get periods where I constantly crave cereal), yogurt and cheese is fine its just the milk for me, but I'm excited to read about your experience!! :D (whoa-long comment!)

    xx Em
    www.someoneinthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm so glad to hear that, I had some Almond milk in my cereal this morning and couldn't taste the difference which was a bonus! I'll definitely keep you posted! xx

      Delete
  2. I have the same, milk always seems to make me break out! Almond and Soy milk are both great and also healthier which is a bonus :) hope the switch is going well for you x

    justalittlesouth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that a lot of people have, glad you found the link between the two. Thank you- almond milk is so tasty! x

      Delete