Evening Skincare Routine

Ever since becoming a Beauty Mouth worshipper, I've given my skincare routine the big shake up that it always needed. Gone are the days of using *cringe* face wipes and nothing else (read: I needed serious help); I've now engineered a super souped up skincare routine that I think even CH would approve of.. potentially..

Effective dupe/budget buys galore



1. L'Oréal Micellar Solution
First up on the list is pre-cleansing, something I only do when I'm wearing make-up or SPF. I'll take some of this on a cotton pad and just sweep over my face to get rid of the majority of products lurking about on my skin. I've recently done a full review of this, here, but it's basically pretty similar to Bioderma with a more attractive price tag, totalling in at a rather impressive £3.33.

2. Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1
Next, I'll cleanse my face with this to ensure my skin is as clean as can be; I've never done a review of this (I don't think) but I've not strayed from this since using it. It has a clay based formula and the top ingredients include Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite and Salicylic Acid and I've just found this a really lovely cleanser to work with. It doesn't leave my face feeling remotely tight, and the salicylic acid leaves the skin feeling instantly cooled and refreshed; I have absolutely no qualms with this and just love love love it. 

3. Pixi Glow Tonic
On to my favourite part of my routine- after having patted my face dry (note: 'patted' not 'rubbed'), I'll go back to my faithful cotton pads and sweep two pumps of this exfoliating toner over my face. It feels like something is nibbling away at my skin in a really satisfying way, and I can really notice a difference in the texture and complexion of my skin when I use this. If you'd like a more in depth review, here you go.

4. Simple Soothing Facial Toner
I'm not massively excited about using this at the moment, I'm only using this as I'm waiting to go out and pick up a more hydrating toner- it doesn't do anything wonderful but does the job for now, and considering that it's under £5, it's a pretty good temporary substitute. 

5. Eyecare
When my face is dry, I'll get started on protecting my eyes. According to the aforementioned CH, any eye products should be applied before moisturisers and serums as they'll provide a barrier, so eye creams/gels won't absorb if they're applied on top, hence will be less effective. I recently had a bit of a mare with a dry eyelids situation but using Simple's Soothing Eye Balm followed by Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisturiser has had me saying goodbye to dryness, and hello to hydration. I like to apply these Isabelle Bellis style for anybody wondering. 

6. La Roche-Posay Effeclar Duo
The penultimate product in my routine is my serum/treatment sort of thing, and LRP's non-tacky, non-greasy offering has seriously impressed me. A little of this goes quite a long way, and I like to apply this all over the face (ignoring the eye area) and leaving it to sink in pre-moisturiser. I've particularly noticed the effects of this on my cheeks, where my skin used to be a little more rough and red due to wind/snow/rain/horrible weather, it is now smooth and there is no sign of redness; HG product right here. 

7. Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser
Finally, I like to apply this to my face and gently rub in, avoiding the eye area completely- just trust me on that one- and it absorbs into the skin pretty well, and is (like it's cleansing counterpart) formulated with salicylic acid so leaves my skin feeling equally cooled and refreshed.

So that's pretty much it! On Wednesdays and Sundays I like to throw a mask into the mix for a deeper clean but on the whole, that is my entire routine. It usually takes me about ten to fifteen minutes, and I always manage to fit in a teeth-cleaning session whilst products dry, so it's a very manageable time. I know I've done quite a few skincare posts lately- I'm just loving all things skincare right now- but stay tuned for more make-up madness heading this way in the near future..

Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned, and if so, what did you think? 


14 comments :

  1. Love the post. I am DYING to try the L'oreal solution but it hasn't been released in Canada yet. I use Bioderma though.

    I'm a new reader. Can't wait to read more!

    I also just wanted to let you know that I am starting a new Sunday format on my Blog to help beauty bloggers and youtubers connect and find others, and gain followers. I'd love if you checked it out!

    http://bit.ly/16Am860

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really do think they're pretty similar but hopefully it gets released out there soon- it's such good value for money :) xx

      Delete
  2. Really want to try the pixi glow tonic, wish it wasn't so hard to get hold of!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree- it must be one of their best selling products, I wish Pixi would release it online! xx

      Delete
  3. I am so going to get the Simple soothing eye balm. It was already on my list and (not that I needed much) you persuaded me.

    www.rachel-vs-life.blogspot.com
    Ray xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Sorry I didn't really talk about it too much so I'll give you a mini-review now; it applies with a gel consistency and don't be tempted to overdo it because a little goes a long long way with this. Don't expect miracles straight away if you're using it for dryness, it won't exacerbate anything but I did have to persevere for a few days before seeing results :) xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the Pixi Tonic. I love that it's cruelty-free! :) That's right up my street! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You should definitely look into it! xx

      Delete
  6. Such an amazing post, as a fellow BeautyMouth reader I think she would approve as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, I hope she would! xx

      Delete
  7. I've been looking everywhere for the pixi glow tonic and its always sold out :/
    I'll probably hav to get it online...I love the neutrogena pink grapefruit line though! The body acne wash is ahhmazing!


    shandeebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I hope you can track it down somewhere! And the body wash has been on my list of things to buy for ages but I don't think it's sold in the UK! xx

      Delete