L'Oréal 3-in-1 Purifying Micellar Solution Review

So there's been a ton of hype about a certain micellar water in both recent and not-so-recent times (can you guess which one? Can you?!); yep, Bioderma hit the blogging scene a couple of years back and has been a solid staple in many beauty bloggers' skincare routines since. Although it's move to the UK via escentual makes Bioderma that little bit more accessible, I wasn't sure whether a micellar water would prove it's holy-grail worth so I've opted for this slightly cheaper dupe for experimentation purposes.

L'Oréal 3-in-1 Purifying Micellar Solution £3.33 (current offer)



Just to sum up super quickly, as I'm sure you've all heard it a thousand times before, micellar solutions are basically waters contain oils to break down make-up and cleanse the skin- according to L'Oréal, their micellar solution "acts like a purifying magnet on the skin's surface to capture and draw out excess oil and impurities instead of spreading them around your face" (like face wipes do). This particular product claims to be a bit of a skincare hybrid, covering three areas; dissolving make-up, unclogging pores/removing impurities, and toning/soothing skin.




I'm usually quite dubious about L'Oréal's hit and miss packaging but this bottle is definitely a hit; simple yet with a luxurious feel to it (just me? yep..) it has a flip lid, great for mess-free application. Thumbs up. Anyway, I use this on a cotton pad or two and sweep over my face before cleansing. It doesn't leave any sort of residue on the face but equally doesn't make my face feel squeaky clean. As for dark eyeshadows, eyeliner and waterproof mascara, that's all taken care of too, just hold over closed eyes for a few seconds and wipe away. If you're in a rush and need something quick and easy, this is undoubtedly one for you.

Overall verdict? I really do like this, the value for money really is excellent, the bottle is going to last me a super long time, super accessible, it's absolutely fine for sensitive skin like mine, and does the pre-cleanse make-up removing job. Having said that, I definitely don't feel like this cleans my skin enough to be used alone, but as double-cleansing is my thaaang, perhaps that's just me... I also wouldn't solely rely on this as a toner. Either way, it's a great alternative for Bioderma and I'd definitely recommend this.

Do you like to use a micellar water, if so, which one? Let me know in the comments below!

3 comments :

  1. I;m definitely going to check this out. I use Bioderma but have to use it so sparingly because of the price. Thanks for the post !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely give this a go! I've had a little look on your blog (read the whole thing, oops) and saw the post-op comments; it's really gentle on eyes so don't worry about that :) xx

      Delete
  2. I could not refrain from commenting. Very well written!

    My website :: gojiactivesreview.org

    ReplyDelete