Revlon Lip Butter 'Tutti Frutti' Review

I cannot believe it's been over a week since my last post- sorry! I'm still in the midst of exams until this Friday and revision has just taken over completely. Anyway, I went shopping a while ago and picked up this lipstick after hearing Estée rave about it in quite a few videos. 

It's a bright coral coloured lipstick (perfect for spring/summer) with quite a strong orange undertone but although it looks relatively intense in the tube, it becomes sheer on application and requires a few coats to really build up the colour. I actually really like the smell of this- the scent is quite subtle but it reminds me of the 'white-chocolate chip cookies in the oven' smell (or is that just me?..). I'm undecided on the packaging; the quilted effect looks quite nice and it does look quite high-end, but I did find it a little bit fiddly to open.. hopefully this will get better as time goes on. 

Unfortunately I didn't get on with this as much as I'd hoped. I found it pulled at my lips quite a bit and really sat in the lines of my lips- maybe this could be remedied with a little bit of lip exfoliation beforehand and other reviews don't seem to have mentioned this so it's probably a personal thing. I also didn't really see any moisturising benefits, in fact, in anything, this actually dried my lips out a little, but using a lip balm beforehand really made a difference. That said, the lasting power wasn't great either (sorry if this just seems like a hate post, I usually love Revlon lip products!) as both with and without lip balm, I found this wore off after a couple of hours or so. 

Hi freckles!  You can pick this Lip Butter up for £7.99 here
Overall, I'd still like to pick up a few more of these (Juicy Papaya, I'm comin' for ya!) to see whether mine was just an anomaly but I wasn't particularly impressed. The colour range really is great though, there is definitely something there to suit everyone. In the meantime, I'm currently road-testing the Effeclar Duo from La Roche-Posay (yepppp I'm super late to the LRP party!) and the In-Shower Body Moisturiser from Nivea, so keep your eyes peeled for a post on those coming up soon.

Have you tried any of these, and if so, what did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

10 comments :

  1. I purchased Macaroon and I wasn't that impressed either. The formula was quite greasy and the colour didn't have much depth. It also looked quite different in the tube than on the lips, perhaps it just doesn't suit my pale complexion but I can't say it's one I'll wear often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted by Macaroon but couldn't imagine it suiting my pale complexion either.. seems that putting it back was the right choice! xx

      Delete
  2. I have picked these revlon butters up before and just as quickly put them down as I wasn't sure of them and what they would look like! But as I can see they look good but on the lips they aren't so loving!
    Suz x
    Bloosieslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, exactly that! The Rouge Edition lipsticks by Bourjois are a totally different story though, such a good substitute so I'd definitely recommend them xx

      Delete
  3. Perfect red lips for summer


    Barbara

    http://20forlife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Revlon lip butters. I have Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie (my fave), Raspberry Pie AND Tutti Frutti. Of all of them I find only Tutti Frutti makes my lips look dry and as you said it definitely settles into cracks and clings to dry patches.

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, definitely need to venture out a little further then; there are so many lovely shades to choose from! xx

      Delete
  5. I wasn't super into tutti frutti but i'm obsessed with juicy papaya!!


    shandeebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juicy Papaya looks lovely, maybe I'll pick it up! Hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

      Delete