The Summer Edit #1

After a massively long wait, it seems that the sun has finally braced South England (although yesterday did feature quite a bit of rain). Regardless, certain products have been slowly but surely making the edit this year and I'd love to share some with you all! 





La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+ Dry Touch Gel-Cream.. phew! £16.50

Ridiculously long names aside, when it comes to the sun, facial SPF is essential- particularly for my sunburn-prone skin. I headed straight to the LRP section of my local drugstore to pick up an SPF and I don't think they could've made it any harder.. seriously. They sell so many different types, tinted, not tinted, melt in, gel form, SPF 30, 50 etc so I just went for the simplest one I could find. No nasty parabens, no white residue, no perfumes, non-comedogenic and recommended for oily to combination skin. I've only used this a few times so far and my first impressions are good; it absorbs into the skin easily and is an effortless rotation into my skincare routine.. I apply it after my moisturiser and before my make up base, as per Caroline Hirons' instruction. Caroline has also mentioned that this will be featured in an upcoming post of hers so watch out for that! I'll be doing a more detailed review of this in the near future too, just in time for that summer sun. 

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor £5.49 (on offer at Boots)



It takes some serious heat to get me to bare my legs, having not quite found the perfect self-tanner for uber pale types like myself, but this razor is definitely beginning to change my mind about that. I know all things fuzz related are a slightly hairy topic (I am too punny, haha) but with summer in mind, smooth and nourished legs are a must for those skirts/shorts/dresses/sunbathing days. Formulated with 'moisture bars', this razor eliminates the need for a shaving cream and ensures that legs get all the moisture they need whilst the 5 blades make for an extremely close shave. I am massively impressed with this product so far, my legs are definitely looking less dull and feeling less dry, though I definitely wouldn't recommend using this without a post-shower moisturiser. 

Rimmel Salon Pro in 'Reggae Splash' £4.49

Oh ma gawd. I've been waiting to get my hands on this since it's release. Every time I've been shopping over the past few months, it makes it's way into my trusty Boots basket before getting chucked out last minute- but I plucked up the courage and bought it the other day. I've not used it just yet as I'm still wearing another nail varnish, but the rave reviews it's been given by some of my favourite bloggers make me so excited to try it out. The muted neon orange/pastel coral shade is a perfect summer pick and they'll be a blog post coming soon on this so keep an eye on this space! 

Have you tried any of these products? If so, did any of these products make it into your summer edit? 

In the meantime, I have finally finished exams *cue happy dance*, which means a massive amount of free time, meaning more lie ins, more blog posts and more of 90210- which is pure Californian summer in a TV show, perfection. Hope you've all had a lovely day!

No comments :

Post a Comment