Going Milk-Free: Update

I've been without milk (the cow kind, at least) for about three months now and I think it's time for an update. I've been using Alpro Almond milk in my morning cereal and I can barely tell the difference taste-wise- it's a little sweeter if anything; almond milk is definitely winning there.

Skin wise (which is the whole reason that I've gone milk-free) I've not actually noticed a massive difference, which I'm putting down to two things. Firstly, I have only ever had a splash of milk in cereal a few times a week so it's likely that substituting isn't a significant change, but secondly, my skin has been so good to me for the past few months - touch wood - so it could be that this is just maintaining my complexion because it can't really do all that much more to it- we'll see. I'm going to persevere with it because I prefer the taste and do believe I'm much better off without a bunch of artificial cow hormones in my system!

Oh, and just a final FYI for anyone considering making the move to a milk-free diet, Almond milk is definitely the nicest in my opinion. I've tried soy milk which doesn't really taste of much- it's a little watery if anything but just doesn't taste of much, and hazelnut milk.. I'm not a fan of it. It really does taste very nutty (surprise surprise) plus it's darker in colour than the others which throws me off a little.

In fact, with the exception of cheese, I've turned completely vegan without even realising.. but alas, I'll never make the full move to veganism until I find a nice tasting, accessible cheese alternative. Any suggestions?

No comments :

Post a Comment