Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser

Oh would you look at that- another one of those little orange tubs that filled up everyone's various blogging feeds a few months back. In that case, have you heard it all before? Do you really need to keep on reading? Of course you do! Seriously, who even gets tired of hearing about Origins products because I definitely don't (sorry if you do).



I have heard pretty tip-top things about this moisturiser so I went in with high expectations and came out feeling slightly undecided. This has a super lightweight gel-like consistency, very similar in texture to the Effaclar Duo. As we all know, it has a very strong fruit scent that everybody compares to Terry's Chocolate Orange but to me it just smells like oranges. Application-wise it is a dream to smooth on, as it quite literally glides over skin and absorbs within minutes without leaving any sort of tacky residue. Origins do claim that this can be used mornings and evenings but having tried and tested both, I seriously would only reserve this for morning use as it just doesn't really pack the moisture-intensive punch that I'd normally use overnight. In terms of ingredients, it doesn't contain the following: parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal ingredients.. the list goes on, but it does contain caffeine (something I was a little apprehensive about as I'm caffeine-intolerant but fortunately my skin doesn't seem to mind). The tub is a standard 50ml size and I can see it lasting a long while because you only need the tiniest amount so value for money is average-good here.

So if this review has made you a teensy bit curious, you can pick this up for £23 online here. Have you tried this? Let me know what you thought in the comments below, or feel free to recommend any other moisturisers- I'm in the market for a good evening moisturiser!

2 comments :

  1. this looks so worth trying :O
    I really need to be put on a spending ban though

    Im going to subscribe, maybe you feel like returning the favor ^^
    iscoopbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite nice and will last you forever- I've been using it for month now and haven't even made a dent! Hehe same here ;) thank you so much, I'll have a looksie at your blog ASAP xx

      Delete