SPF Talk: Anthelios XL 50+ Dry Touch Gel-Cream

I won't bore you all to death on the importance of wearing suncream- I'm sure you've heard it all before, if not from fellow beauty bloggers then from cautious parents, so let's just assume that we're all clued up on the benefits of SPF.. (but if you're not, this post by the lovely Meg is just perfectly informative). Being the pale skin type that I am, anything below SPF 30 on my face is just a no-no, but fortunately finding a high factor is just so simple in today's market with offerings from Kiehls, Avene, Clinique, Bioderma and, without further ado,  La Roche-Posay.



This particular suncream is targeted at sensitive skin types and people with skin allergies but I think anybody would be fine to use this- it's paraben free, perfume free, water-resistant, and has an "ultra-dry finish". The texture of this is just not too thick but not too thin creaminess, and it absorbs like a dream with a little elbowgrease (you do need to rub this in well) and there's no hint of a white residue a.k.a no ghost face, we've all been there, plus it forms a really lovely base for foundation- bonus! The finish is pretty matte and it isn't even remotely greasy so combination-oily skinned girls in particular, this could be one for you..





























This is a personal favourite of mine to use when the weather gets a little summery (read: suspiciously hot and sticky) so I'd definitely recommend giving this a whirl. It's currently on offer at £12.37 here, for a 50ml sized bottle, completely worth the money in my opinion, it's lasted me a good month so far and I'm not even halfway through!

What's your go-to SPF? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments :

  1. I've heard really lovely things about this sunscreen!
    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised, I prefer it to others that I've tried so you should give it a go! (xx

      Delete