The Hair Care Trio

You know that eureka moment when everything just clicks? I'm talking about perfect concoctions, successful mixologies, and products with a better love story than- dare I say it- Ben & Jerry. That's exactly how I feel about these three products; it's L.O.V.E.


I've never been a fan of styling products, I found them too sticky and messy when I was younger (and entirely clueless as to how they work) so I tended to just stick to good old fashioned shampoo, conditioner and a weekly hair mask. As styling products became more established, I decided to branch into the realms of sprays, treatments, serums and oils alike, and this is my current go-to haircare trio:

1. Redken Extreme Anti-Snap

As far as leave in treatments go, this is my favourite kind. This gets whipped out on Sundays and Wednesdays for a pampering treatment and it smells a-mazing; I just smooth a few pumps (yes it has a pump which means no mess, no wastage) onto the mid-lengths to ends of towel dried hair before leaving it to dry. I've been using this for a couple of months now and it just makes my hair feel so much stronger and healthier. Plus it doubles up as a heat protectant- bonus! The formula is quite light and doesn't weigh down my hair at all but I've noticed a definite difference in the amount of split ends that have stopped cropping up.. I picked this up from here and it's currently £13.48 in the sale so purses at the ready!

2. Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

Since Amelia's rave review about how this basically saved her hair, I was sold a thousand times over. My hair is pretty long now and probably not in the best condition (think split ends x 10) and I've always been worried that I'd have to chop my hair off to make it healthier again but this has saved that. It's probably the most complicated of the three to use as it's a pre-shampoo treatment so you have to wet your hair and then apply it, leave it on for 20 minutes ish and then wash it out but it just leaves my hair feeling so so sleek, smooth, soft and manageable really. I bought the 75ml in the Feel Unique sale for £10ish but I'll be repurchasing the large version (maybe the Extreme one) which comes in at around £20.

3. Dove Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care

I had heard so many good things about this leave in conditioner and I searched the aisles of my local Boots for months with no success before just caving in and ordering it online with some other goodies (coming up soon) and I'm so glad I did. It's a huge budget buy retailing at £3.59 for a whopping 250ml of product, and it's more than worth it. I spray this onto the lengths of my hair when damp and it does a great job of detangling, smoothing, and basically just nourishing the lengths of my usually scarecrow-reminiscent mop. Plus it smells divine, it's one of those products that just leaves me sniffing my hair all day long- mmhmm.

So that's it for my styling trios, if you've tried any of the above or have any recommendations of your own then please let me know in the comments below; and whilst I'm at it, don't forget to follow me on twitter for updates n' stuff.

No comments :

Post a Comment