Review: Nuxe Rêve de Miel


The sole purpose of my laptop over the last few weeks? Taking advantage of feelunique's sale, of course! This product has been on my wishlist for months so when I saw it on sale here, I whisked it in my shopping cart in the blink of an eye. Now I don't actually have typically dry/chapped lips so I'm not sure what I was actually expecting but nevertheless, I puckered up and slathered this on my lips pre-sleep. I found this pretty difficult to apply, it's a really thick balm and a little didn't really go a long way and it also didn't really seem to do much- by morning my lips felt exactly the same, no better, no worse. 

Also, the scent is just really not up my street; it's just like honey and lemon, and don't get me wrong, I love my citrus scents but this is just too overpowering. It's an average product for me at best, but some bloggers *cough* Estée *cough* absolutely love this so I'd not be too put off if you did plan to try it. 



Ultimately, I wasn't overly impressed this time around so I'll be reserving this for winter to see if it works any wonders on my lips then.. but I'm pretty dubious about that. 

Have you tried this Nuxe offering? If you have, let me know what you thought in the comments below, but if you haven't but are slightly intrigued by this blogger favourite, then it's available from here and here, so try it out and let me know what you think!

9 comments :

  1. i felt sort of the same the first time i used it. i never use it during the day as it's just too think and clings to lips, but at night i find it works a lot better! you have to let it warm up a bit too, as it seems to work better that way and melts a little :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new Chanel cream blush giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll try warming it up a little beforehand then, thanks for the tip! xx

      Delete
  2. Great review I have never tried this before but it sounds really nice thanks for sharing x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought mine over a year ago & I really do love it, mainly because I do suffer with pretty dry lips and the staying power of this stuff is worth the price to me alone! :) it is very thick but I just try rub it in well and it seems to spread better as it 'heats up' on your lips!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe okay, I'll persevere with it. In winter weather my lips tend to be a bit more chapped so that'll be the true test for it! xx

      Delete
  4. this is meant to be good - i just bought the malin + goetz lip moisturiser today though and it's amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be allergic to one of the ingredients as it makes my lips feel crazy sensitive so that probably has something to do with why it's not worked so well! Oooh just looked that up and it sounds good! xx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete