The Skincare Tag

I've not yet branched into the realms of tags, but with skincare forming the basis of my blog, where better to start than with a skincare tag (which I first read over here- check out Annabel's blog!) so without further ado... 


Describe your routine in 5 words...
Layered, relaxing, cleansing, nourishing, soothing.

What's your skin type?
Slightly to the combination side of normal and little sensitive. 

What is your favourite skincare product?
I'm just going to have to go with the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque. It is just heaven in a little tube- I find it makes my skin feel quite tight for twenty minutes or so after rinsing it off but it just always makes my skin feel amazing and it's just perfect in terms of texture/benefits/results etc.

Top blemish zapper...
I don't usually use acne treatments because anything that 'dries out spots' tends to dry out the skin around them too, in turn giving the blemish it's own little (or large) pedestal. Much more a fan of the good ol' CTM routine but I think a great clay mask- see above- can really help out with redness and inflammation. 

Face wipes... yay or nay?
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever (anymore- my mum uses them religiously so when I first started wearing make up we only had face wipes in the house.. thanks Jen..)

Toner... yay or nay?
I'm not even going to pretend to understand toners but I'm a fan of Pixi Glow Tonic, so yay for that!

High end skincare or high end makeup?
I'm a big fan of the whole 'splurge on the skincare, scrimp on the makeup' theory. If your skin is looking good, make up will just enhance it. That said I think there are some great budget picks for skincare- perhaps a Drugstore Skincare Picks post is in order..

What is the most universal skincare product you've tried?
It's got to be Bioderma. Or any sort of micellar water but I'll go for Bioderma because you can choose one to suit your skin type (sensibio, sebum etc). Always make sure to follow with a cleanser though!

You're in a pharmacy and can only pick up one item - what would it be?
I'm thinking Paris so La Roche-Posay's Serozinc comes to mind. I've only heard good things about this toner and it sounds pretty good- if I could cheat though, I'd say everything Isabelle Bellis used in this video.

Top skincare tips.
I've done a post on mine here, so to summarise...

1. Drink lots of water every day (I probably drink around three litres).
2. Get your skincare routine down to something you are happy with but also, switch it up from time to time. Rotate products so that your face doesn't get too used to them.
3. Clean out your diet and I mean cut out the sugar. As much as you can. After a couple of days you won't miss it anymore and you'll begin to associate nicer skin with healthier foods.
4. Relax- make sure you feel calm as much as possible, watch a feel good film or do some baking, just do something that you enjoy to eliminate stress.
5. SLEEP. (I suffered from insomnia for two years and now I just look tired all the time so please get lots of sleep, you'll feel and look much more refreshing the next morning!)
6. Oh, and facial oils are your BFF for hydration purposes, press them into the skin- a good skincare routine is all about layering...
7. Never rub your skin- treat it like silk and gently pat it dry post-rinse.

So that's it for the skincare tag! I tag you all to put your own spin on this post and let me know in the comments below if you decide to do so, I'd love to read some! 

4 comments :

  1. I feel we have very similar skincare favourites etc, I would have answered this very similarly to you!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good, I'm glad! Would still love to see one from you though lovely xxx

      Delete
  2. What a fun tag! I really like your blog and your style of writing is kind of similar to mine I think...love it!

    Would you please check out my blog too? We can follow each other if you like it :) You don't have to follow if you don't like my blog but I still hope you do :) http://thesecretlifeofabeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go! And thank you xxx

      Delete