Christmas Wishlist: Beauty Edition

Beauty Christmas Wishlist
Jouer In The Red kit £45 Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation £33 Origins High-Potency Night-a-Mins £34 Mac Plumful £15 Origins Clear Improvement Mask £22 Anastasia Brow Wiz £15.50 Estee Lauder ANR II £48 Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Palette (limited edition sell-out boohoo, but similar ish here, £37.50) Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer £21 Laura Mercier Natural Nudes Palette £31 Hourglass Brow Arch  £26

Kicking off the festive season, I'm bringing you a mini-series compiling all of the things on my Christmas list; it'll be broken down into Beauty, Hair & Fragrance, and Miscellaneous (Books, Fashion, stocking fillers etc), one per week in the run up to Christmas. I usually make an almighty wishlist and give it to my parents for them to pick a few things from, so that Christmas morning is always a lovely surprise.. and I'll usually buy the rest of the products in January sales. Oops. 

You can probably notice that palettes play quite a frequent role in my wishlist this year- beauty brands have just been knocking them out left right and centre and I'm coveting them all! I've been lusting after Jouer's In The Red palette since its release earlier this year, comprising of the whole face round-up, this is perfect for those 'bold-red-lip' kind of nights. Next up is Laura Mercier's Natural Nudes Palette, a gorgeous warm set of four eyeshadows coupled with bronzer, blush and a miniature lip glacé... it's a great way of experimenting with some LM products and would be perfect for everyday on-the-go use. Last but certainly not least is a Christmas wish of mine: 

Dear Bobbi Brown. Please, please bring back the Rich Chocolate palette. Please. Please please please. Yours always, SB.

I completely missed the release of this perfect palette a few months back and I'm totally kicking myself for it now. I'm trying to be more adventurous on the old eyeshadow front but this palette would have made things so much easier. Fortunately Bobbi Brown have launched a new palette, the Warm Smoky Eye, so I might just have to pick that up instead before it sells out.. 

Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation is one of the few brands that caters for paler complexions, and seeing as 'Soft Ivory' seems like a pretty perfect colour match for my skin, it seems like a done deal. Do I need another foundation? Maybe not, but I definitely wouldn't mind unwrapping this on a frosty Christmas morning.. Nars' Radiant Creamy Concealer falls under similar territory, it's something else that I've only ever heard good things about, it's great for underneath the eyes and would make a loving addition to my beauty stash. My penultimate makeup wishlist-ers are two brow pencils battling for my festive affection, the Hourglass Brow Arch and Anastasia's Brow Wiz, the latter of which is more affordable but the former is the one that edges it for me. The last makeup item is MAC's Plumful, a gorgeous plum non-vampy lipstick that I've been craving so much that I genuinely had a dream that I bought this in Selfridges. Alas, I didn't -insert teary emoticon-.

Finally, a couple of skincare items have weaseled their way onto the list: Origins' Clear Improvements Mask and High Potency Night-a-Mins both have rave reviews, and I'm in dire need of a new moisturiser and would love to give the charcoal mask a whirl so these just had be included. Estée Lauder's ANR II is a well loved facial oil that regenerates and sorts out a multitude of beauty sins, I'm not desperate for it yet so I might wait until post-Christmas to pick it up but it still deserves a place on the list. 

I'd love to know what you're asking for this Christmas, so please let me know in the comments!

13 comments :

  1. Yes that Bobbi brown palette is also on my wishlist!! Another thing I would like to get is the hourglass powder palette. Hopefully its not sold out yet!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I'm in two minds about that palette, it's absolutely gorgeous but I'm not a huge powder fan. I think there's a few floating about online somewhere, hope you can find one! xxx

      Delete
  2. That Bobbi Brown palette looks gorgeous, but I really don't need another "neutral" eye palette, so I'll have to forget about it! But I've always wanted to try MAC's Plumful lipstick, mainly after seeing how Essiebutton loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh isn't it just! Ah Estée is such an enabler, I think my cravings for it come from Stefanie xxx

      Delete
  3. The Bobbi Brown palette is so beautiful! I want to also try the Origins night cream - there's so many good reviews about it! Xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it! Yeah, the reviews have just made me want it even more! xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely interested in the origins products, that skincare brand has always intrigued me.
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Origins is a fantastic brand, they're probably up there with REN battling it out for top skincare brand! xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh, I want to try Origins so badly. But it's not available in my country and I don't know where I can buy it online. :( x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get it from the John Lewis website, they ship internationally, it's £7.50 delivery cost to go to Slovenia or you could order it from House of Fraser- that would be £6 delivery, hope you can get some! xxx

      Delete
  6. great post. Would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post ! I want all of those products too .. haha :)


    www.Chaneletco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete