Daily Makeup Routine


Over the past few months, makeup posts have been few and far between, but throughout this month I've tried to include a bit more of the ol' stash (see: The Lash DuoNails: Barry Mand The Brow Duo). Well today's post includes my daily.. well, as often as I wear makeup i.e never at the weekend.. makeup routine. And it's pretty much entirely drugstore! Yeah, yeah, thank me later.. 

First up with the bases, I've been really loyal to my Bourjois Healthy Mix for a long time now, but the shade range isn't great so I usually mix a bit of Rimmel's Match Perfection in with it to lighten it up slightly and that works a dream when applied with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I'll then go in with my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer to hide those dark shadows and cover any blemishes- I've been using this for ages and I'm slowly becoming disillusioned by it so I'm hunting down a better offering (suggestions?). Then I'll go in with the lips, and I always start off with an SPF lip balm to smooth and protect; Nivea's Sun Protect is fine, sometimes I'll go in with Nuxe's Reve de Miel if I want a really opaque, matte lip. Then I'll swipe on a layer of Revlon's Kissable Balm Stain in Crush which is one of my favourite lip products because it can be built up to create a seriously dramatic lip or brushed on for a barely-there light plum look. Sometimes I'll finish up with a bit of Maybelline's Baby Lips in the Cherry Me shade for a slightly glossy sheen. 

I've been over my entire aforementioned eye look in the past month but for a quick summarise, I'll brush through my brows with a mixture of the two brown shades from Avon's 'Tiger's Eye' palette and then comb into place with the Rimmel eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown. The last step involves a quick curl of the lashes with my trusty Shu and then a light coating of Max Factor's False Lash Effect mascara.. My eyes are somewhat hooded so eyeshadows don't feature much in my everyday routine but I will occasionally brave it with some neutrals- crazayyy.

Do you recognise any of these products from your makeup routine? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments :

  1. i love match perfection! i find myself reaching for it more than sheer glow at the moment... it's so gorgeous though! i really wanna try the maxfactor mascaras too

    lydiham.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, some people find that it's too sheer in terms of coverage but I just think it's perfect! And giiiiirl you should, it's worth the hype xxx

      Delete