Disappointing Products #2


I'm not going to sugarcoat anything here- what may seem a disappointing product to me could be a 'holy-grail-sarah-what-on-earth-are-you-talking-about' product to you because after all, we're all different. That said, I have been underwhelmed by a few products in the past few months...

The Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser was branded as a time saving, slather it on in the shower, quick fix kind of thing, but it just didn't appeal to me at all. I found that it really dried my hands out and was difficult to apply- even post-shower my legs just felt sticky and not moisturised so I handed this around the family to try out and it's a thumbs down from everyone. Even one of my incredibly nonplussed brothers. I think I'll be sticking to the body butters from now on. An almost cult product upon release, I heard rave after rave about
Rimmel Salon Pro 'Reggae Splash' and just thought that it seemed to suit all skintones, even pale vampires such as myself so I faced my peachy orange nail coloured fears (thanks for that Barry M and your Peach Melba) and just found that the formula was so thin, it chipped a ton quicker than my other beloved Rimmel polishes, and the colour was just horrendously neon looking against my complexion. This last one might seem surprising, as Hydraluron is a truly coveted skincare item but this Caroline Hirons-approved hydrating serum just did not cut the mustard for me at all. I saw that almost all of my favourite bloggers had a tube of this tucked in their stash so I raced out to buy it and I've now tried using this a good 5/6 times but it always brings out little bumps around my chin and forehead and doesn't particularly seem to plump up my face as much as I'd hoped.

In the words of our trusty Simon, it's a no from me. But what do you think? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment