Stripped Back Skincare

I've really been trying to strip my skincare routine back to the very basic essentials lately, to try and find the cause of what's been breaking me out/to put my skin back into its comfort zone. These are the products that I always find myself going back to because they just work without irritating my skin at all; my cleanser of choice has been REN's ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser (really REN?!). My ode to this cleanser details why this is a top cleanser pick, but the fact that I've already repurchased this despite it still going strong goes to show that it's just all-round creamy goodness- oh, and it's currently on a 33% extra free deal, that clearly had nothing to do with it... 

Next, I'll go in with my Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion, a liquid treatment for cystic blemishes- despite MB recommending sandwiching this between toner and moisturiser, I've been really laying off the toners lately and just applying this neat, it works a ton better but unfortunately does dry out the skin quite a bit. So moisturiser-wise, I've really not found the right one for me, I've been gravitating towards Neutrogena's Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit offering, which is alright and great for sensitive skin, but it's not massively moisturising. I do have quite a few moisture masks and other moisturisers, but all contain ingredients that I'm wary of right now, so if anybody has any moisturise-boosting suggestions then please, please let me know (Aveda's Intensive Hydrating Masque is top of my list, Hydraluron is out of the question, it's definitely not for me!). I'll finish off with a slick of Nuxe's Reve de Miel lip balm for that extra nourishment factor- the trick is to apply a small amount and really massage it into the lips, it's usually on my beside table and is the last thing I do before going to sleep. 

For masks, which I usually apply twice weekly (Wednesday and Sundays), my number one best friend of all time has to be Aesop's Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque. Everything about it just suits me down to the ground, from the skin-loving ingredients to the impressive clarifying results, it's just a really great one to have in your stash and it lasts for ages so the longevity of it weighs out the pricey cost. 

What products do you find yourself going back to time and time again?

4 comments :

  1. The Aesop mask is definitely on my skin care wishlist :) Aveda's Intensive Hydrating Masque as well - I didn't get along that well with Hydraluron but the Aveda might prove to be different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aesop mask is so worth it, I'm also putting the Chamomile mask on my list this year I think, mmm. Ah thank god! I think I might have to do an in-depth review of Hydraluron- glad to hear I'm not the only one! xxx

      Delete
  2. I've convinced myself I need the REN cleanser in my life. I use the Clinique TTDO balm religiously and just double cleanse with whatever else I stumble across in my bathroom cabinet, but I think it needs a more steady partner in crime.

    thunderl0ve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely do! I pair it with the TTDO balm and it's the perfect combination- especially for the winter xxx

      Delete