A Few Christmas Bits...

I thought I'd post a few bits and pieces that I was tremendously lucky to receive from my parents this year. Despite having sent a Christmas wishlist to my mum a couple of months ago, I couldn't remember what I had asked for by the time the 25th came around. I was literally over the moon to open all of these bits, I think this year was generally quite successful present-wise as my parents also seemed to love theirs!


The first thing I opened- post stocking fillers of course, which were top notch this year- was this LED light for my camera. I saw Kate mention this in a post a few weeks back and just thought it would be a really handy thing to have. It's basically a smaller version (although it is actually huge compared to my camera haha) of studio lights so hopefully whilst using this, my photo quality will improve. Also, whenever I get home from work it's always pitch black so it'll be great to use as a daylight alternative for us night owls.

Figuier also made it onto the list, and I've been burning it all day. I expected this to have a cleaner burn but it's actually not as clean as some other candles I'm harbouring, but the scent is exquisite so I'm letting that one slide. Obviously the packaging is also to die for, I'd be lying if I said that the gorgeous trademark Diptyque votive wasn't one of the main reasons I wanted this!

I've mentioned Aveda's Hydrating Masque in a few posts, a moisture-boosting mask that you slather on for five to ten minutes before rinsing off. I've already used this twice since Wednesday and I've found the perfect pairing to it, which I'll be writing all about very soon. It's early days but for now, you just need to know that it's awesome. I usually have a problem with sodium hyaluronate in products, but this caused my skin absolutely no irritation at all, so thumbs up on that front.

My mum also picked up two more things that have been on my wishlist for quite some time now. MAC's Plumful is literally a 'my lips but better' shade for me, I have quite plummy toned lips naturally and this shade just completely enhances them and is a perfect one for lazing around the house in/wearing to work. The lustre formula is my favourite too, they are so creamy and they smell incredible! If you've been reading my blog for a while then you might recognise an obsession with the Hourglass Brow Arch pencil. Well, it's finally in my stash and I'll confirm, it's just as good as I expected. I was quite worried about 'Soft Brunette' being too light and ashy for my brows but the colour payoff is actually really great and very natural, I can see why this shade suits so many different skin tones.

Other presents have included books, pajamas, some stationary bits, board games, more candles and a partridge in a pear tree. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! I may have done some boxing day sales shopping- online, of course, I don't have a death-by-stampede wish, but I'm sure you'll be hearing all about that soon...

2 comments :

  1. Plumful is my favourite ever lipstick ! Such a great colour ! Also I've been looking into studio lights so I will definitely check this light out, seems like a better idea ! Great post

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World | Check out my MAC lipstick giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty colour- first impressions-wise though, I'd say I'm slightly disappointed by the wear time, it seemed to slip off my lips within an hour! And thanks lovely, I've heard that Emma (milkteef) also uses it so it's worth looking into xxx

      Delete