Beauty Haul #2: Christmas Buys

Guys, I know. Christmas shopping is supposed to involve buying presents for other people but I felt super spend-happy this month and ended up placing a pretty huge order on the Debenhams website after seeing that they were offering 15% off all beauty bits and pieces.

After surfing around the MAC section, I noticed that the Pro Palette Quad was only £5ish so I automatically threw it into my online basket without even thinking that I'd need to fill it up. I've been wanting to get into wearing eyeshadow for quite some time now but I've never really thought I suited it properly as my eyes always seemed to be too hooded- damn you DNA- for it to even show up, but a recent eyeshadow discovery led to a lusting for some proper experimental shades, so after much umm-ing and ahh-ing, I chose Club, All That Glitters, Sumptuous Olive and Cork. It was painstakingly difficult to choose a 'perfect four' and I'm not yet sure whether I've got the right combination, but time will tell- and I'm sure that there'll be a post coming your way soon. It's a bit pointless owning eyeshadows without a brush, and MAC's 217 brush is a pretty standard buy for anybody setting out into the world of eyeshadow. It's a do-it-all kind of 'pack it on, smudge it in, blend it out' kind of product that I'm so excited to start using!

I really fancied picking up a peachy pink shade to add to my lipstick collection, and I remembered Anna mentioning something about how Urban Decay's Revolution lipsticks were supposed to be pretty on-point so I picked up her favourite shade, Streak. It is the prettiest peachy-pink, and is the perfect start for steering me away from my beloved dark reds. Speaking of dark reds... I did also pick up Chanel's Rouge Coco lipstick in Rivoli, but I promise you I'm not contradicting myself, this one is actually a Christmas present for a friend of mine. Promise.

Moisturisers have been the floosiest part of my skincare routine for as long as I can remember, I've just never really found 'the one'. They're just all pretty average. Since suffering a mass breakout and using some drying products on my skin, I was in much need of hydration, so I really wanted a hardcore moisturiser.. Enter: Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins. I've got quite a few Origins' products in my stash and I've not really been let down by any of them so far, so this seemed like a good option.

My final, and most guilt/eye-wince inducing purchase was Estée Lauder's ANR II. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't picked this up now just due to the price, but I have other facial oils that last for bloody ages as you only need the tiniest amount, so I suppose longevity-wise it's works out to be not too bad (plus, 15% off made it more bearable). For winter, my skin has just been lacking in a whole bunch of areas; it's been dull and uneven and I'm looking forward to seeing whether this could help patch things up slightly. I'll keep you posted on that one...

Have you bought yourself a cheeky christmas present or two (or five) this year?

10 comments :

  1. Oh wow this is one gorgeous haul! I love the look of that Chanel lipstick - what a gorgeous, glamorous shade! xx

    Gemma xx
    Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Hopefully my friend likes it- I'm so tempted to order another one for myself.. hehe xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow you went all out! I love my UD revolution lipstick, Streak looks gorgeous too!

    http://mercuteify.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely becoming new favourites- what shade do you have- I'd quite like to pick up some more! xxx

      Delete
  3. I also like to buy Christmas presents for myself ;) Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might aswell treat ourselves- we deserve it! xxx

      Delete
  4. Lovely :)

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guilty of buying a few presents for myself while present shopping... Lovely picks, I can't wait to see what you make of them down the road!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're not alone! Thanks lovely, I'm sure they'll pop up in a few posts soon xx

      Delete