Home Fragrance Christmas Wishlist

Santa baby, please slip a candle under the tree.. for me.. Okay, so that's not how it goes. But how better to introduce you to part two of my Christmas wishlist/gift guide series, and this time I'm bringing you my picks of the home fragrance category. Candles are one of my favourite items, and I really don't think you can go wrong with a good candle- who wouldn't want to receive a beautiful votive for Christmas?

First up is a dupe for Diptyque's 'Figuier' candle- I slipped into & Other Stories a few weeks ago and stood in the bath and body section for a good ten minutes smelling the scents and their fig range was just bloomin' gorgeous, I've been obsessed with figgy fragrances ever since. This Muji candle in 'Green Fig' is a pretty good size for only a snip of 'Figuier' although as I understand it, the candle isn't quite as potent. Next up is Neom's 'Tranquility' offering, a soothing combination of lavender, basil and jasmine that is supposed to make for some heavenly relaxation. I've been pretty stressed out lately due to my busy schedule juggling three jobs plus studying for my exam retakes, so this seems absolutely perfect for helping me wind down in the evenings. Similarly, although This Works' 'Dream Team' duo isn't a candle or strictly a home fragrance, I've been struggling to get to sleep lately and think that this calming set of pillow spray and rollerball oil could help.

On the lustability factor, Diptyque will always be top of my list for fragrance. Their Classic Coffret contains three of their best-selling scents; Figuier, Baies and Roses. Diptyque have a lot of these coffret sets out at the moment (although I'm not sure how available they are.. it is Christmas!). Since I saw Anna mention Malin + Goetz's Dark Rum candle, I have just been in love with the idea of owning it. I'm not a drinker by any means, I can't stand wine/beer/champagne but pour me a very occasional glass of rum and I'm yours. Dark rum has a really distinct scent, and I can only imagine how gorgeous this smells combined with top notes of bergamot and plum, middle notes of leather and -you guessed it- rum, and base notes of amber-patchouli and vanilla...

I'm slightly cheating by mentioning Muji's 'Log Fire', a.k.a 'Feu de Bois' tin dupe in here as I picked one up a couple of weeks ago- review here- but I just couldn't not mention it, it's just the cosiest smokiest (in a good way) candle ever, evoking memories of snuggling up by a warm crackling fire on a crisp winter evening. Another candle that sounds like it would awaken similar memories is Laura Mercier's Warm Roasted Chestnuts Signature candle. Just the title has me doing some hardcore heart-eyed emoji faces. It just sounds perfect for Christmas. 

So that's my home fragrance wishlist/gift guide sorted! Are any of these on your wishlist?

4 comments :

  1. I'm eyeing diptyque Figuier or Feu de Bois - both are on the wishlist! I wish Muji would open up where I live - would love to try their 'dupe' candles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yeah they need to branch out into Australian territory more, I think their only store is in Victoria and I don't suppose they would mail-order you out anything would they? Either way, Diptyque candles would probably serve you better in the longevity stakes! xxx

      Delete
  2. Reeeally want the Laura mercier candle, gutted I missed it :( x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still available at urban retreat! xxx

      Delete