Muji 'Log Fire' Tin Candle


I've heard quite a bit about this candle lately after seeing many posts heralding it as the dupe for Diptyque's 'Feu De Bois'- something that I heard Jen going on about, but was unsure whether I'd like, so I was massively happy to pick up this little Muji offering at £3.50, a snip of Diptyque's £20-40 price tag.

Firstly, I have to say I wasn't a huge fan of the scent pre-burn, it was really smoky in quite an heady kind of way, but once I started to burn it, it just gradually filled my room with a subtle warm, woody aroma, very reminiscent of sitting by my grandmother's log fire on Christmas Eve, and perfect for snuggling up on a cold winter's night with a film and some friends. The eighteen hours of burn time that this little tin offers is plenty- and although I'm now more certain that I'd like 'Feu De Bois', I've grown slightly attached to this number, so I might have to pick up a different one from Diptque (I've got my eye on Figuier, as you might find out in my next Christmas Gift Guide post). Muji do offer a surprising range of candles though if you're into something a little sweeter, but for this season, I think they're onto a winner with this one.

Also, some people aren't a fan of the packaging but I quite like it, it's simple and self-explanatory. Fair enough, you probably won't be using the tin as a fanciful brush holder but as a way of trying out scents, I really think this is great, and it's probably going to be an evening staple in the lead up to Christmas. 

Have you tried/would you like to try any candles from Muji?

6 comments :

  1. I've never tried a Muji candle before, i usually stick to my safe zone of yankee candles. I should branch out more! :')

    Sharlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They're so cheap so even if you aren't a fan of the scent, it won't be a massive loss xxx

      Delete
  2. i have never heard of this candle before :) i usually get the Yankee candles :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the Yankee Christmas candle collection and I'm not a fan of many of the scents. Would love to hear your recommendations! xxx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried candles from Muji but love all their other products. Sounds promising, i love a woody scent! Which reminds me... really should burning that candle in my room right now lol. keep in touch!

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's definitely woody, that's for sure! And Muji is a great brand, I have a post coming up in the next couple of weeks on the my recent purchases from there xxx

      Delete