The Body Shop Facial Massager


It's no secret that I've been lusting after the jade roller for quite some time, but when I heard that The Body Shop had produced their similar-ish dupe, I just had to give it a go. Using Caroline's tutorial-style video, I've been imitating her sweeping strokes along the jawline and neck, and things are feeling smoother already. This particular product differs from the jade roller in that it's not made of cooling jade, and it's not a smooth oval-shape.. alright, I'm still lusting a bit.. but essentially they do the same job.

Facial massagers like this one supposedly encourage and aid lymphatic drainage, so you're basically gently pushing the nasty bits underneath the skin away from your face. It's supposed to show visible results on under the skin bumps with continued use but my issue around my jawline was my complexion being slightly uneven and I would genuinely say that this has helped to patch things up. You could also take the massager further up onto the face- hell, go crazy with it- but that's something that I'm slightly wary of doing because most of my face is feeling really sensitive at the moment and I prefer to use it on tougher, normal skin.

If you're interested, this retails at £6 from TBS, but I picked it up at an absolute steal price of £3 on a 50% promotion that I'm not sure they're still running. That's about the same amount as a magazine, a coffee, that family-sized pack of M&Ms (I see you there).. you get the point. It's cheap, you need it- that's all.

4 comments :

  1. Neat idea, this sounds really interesting !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the most old-fashioned sort of tool in my stash! But it works, so it's worth it xx

      Delete
  2. omg i didn't even knew it existed ! I want the same !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on it- Body Shop always have deals on so you can usually pick this up for a great price xx

      Delete