The Christmas Tag

Since venturing out into the world of tags with my 'Skincare Tag' post, I'm a little bit hooked. They're a really fun way to find out more about the people behind the blogs, and I think they make for interesting reading (props to Georgina for creating this one)! As Christmas is right around the corner, I thought I'd hop on board the Christmas tag.. Just spreadin' the cheer.


1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
Unfortunately I'm actually allergic to most evergreen conifers- Christmas trees included, which sucks as they always look so much better when they're real buuuut it's all about the synthetics in our house. 

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
When it comes to drinks, I'm probably the least interesting person ever. It's all about the water, all year round- I'm not a huge fan of anything else really, but my Costa-obsessed brother has a penchant for frosted peppermint hot chocolates.

3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
It's all about the red, orange and greens- keeping it traditional over here! I'm also quite the stickler about not having homemade ornaments on the tree, it can just take a tree from looking quite elegant and classic to a tacky mess within minutes... (speaking from experience, having once tried to put a school-made clay dinosaur as the tree topper one year..)

4.  Giving or receiving?
I'm really not a huge receiver, it's wonderful when people put the time and effort into picking a lovely present out for you and I appreciate that massively, but I just love giving- without sounding too 'Miss World'. I'll keep a list stashed away under my bed to make notes on any time somebody mentions something that they need/want throughout the year so that there's not a mad rush to find out in December, and that way people can usually tell that you've really paid attention to what they said months ago, it's just quite nice.

5.  To mince pie or not to?
Mince pies go down an absolute treat in this house, we'll usually bulk buy a few packs at a go and they'll all be gobbled up by everybody that very same evening, but I've never had one. Raisins are a no-go area.

6.  What's your traditional sunday lunch?
Some form of Quorn with all of the usual trimmings, vegetarian Christmas dinners aren't massively different to carnivorous ones!

7.  Christmas day fashion
I'll usual laze about the house in my comfiest Christmassy pajamas until 10am-ish before changing into something a little bit nicer for dinner, and by the end of the evening I'll be in a festive jumper of some kind watching the special festive TV shows; Downton Abbey, I am ready.

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
Just one? Nope, nuh-uh, not going to happen. I love them ALL. (Does anybody else know the entire Mean Girls dance to Jingle Bell Rock?... yes I am legally an adult.. promise!) 

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
Elf is bloody brilliant, the Home Alone franchise is great, the Nativity films are a must-watch and I'm also a fan of the annual animated ones- Polar Express, Arthur Christmas-  but I just don't think you can beat Love Actually.. (well, maybe it's a tie between that and Elf).

10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
We open our presents before breakfast, let alone lunch! We usually see other family members throughout the day so it's nice to spend some traditional family time in the morning, with my elflike sister Squidge as the designated 'present-giver-outer' of the morning.

I tag everybody to do this tag, and then comment below when you have done because I would love to give them a read! 

3 comments :

  1. love this - feeling so festive now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe would love to read your take on it lovely! xxx

      Delete
  2. I do the christmassy pajamas too!

    ReplyDelete