Boxing Day Buys

Post-Christmas holidays obviously brings with it the Boxing Day sales. I woke up on that morning to about thirty odd emails from brands with their latest deals, and couldn't really resist having a sneaky peek into the online world of sales- after all, you'd be mad to think that I would actually make a trip to the real-life shops! Five or so hours later and I'd ended up with a large dent in my bank account but an equally large amount of satisfaction. Here's what made the 'added to cart' edit':


























I repurchased one of my favourite cleansers, REN's ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser, which is just absolutely fantastic.. and currently on a 33% extra free deal. It feels so smooth and creamy on the skin and always leaves my face feeling cleansed, soft, and balanced but not at all stripped- there's a full review here if you want it. Whilst perusing the REN website, I also spotted that there is a mask to match the cleanser; the Clarity Restoring Mask, so I picked that one up aswell. A girl can never have too many clay masks, right? Stay tuned on this one.

The next site I hit up for it's online sales was, naturally, Space NK. I ended up purchasing their very own candle offering in the form of the Shimmering Spice Candle. Just the description alone sold it to me, but with a whopping 50% off the price making it a very reasonable £7.50, paired with the fact that Anna raved about it in her December favourites video.. well I just couldn't resist. Another Space NK buy was the Phytocedrat Shampoo, which I recently heard about from the lovely Jen's blog. It's supposed to be pretty good as a twice-weekly clarifying shampoo for oilier scalps. I've been in a slight rut lately with my hair, it's just been all over the place, from frizzy and dry, to oily and limp, most days I've just been slinging it on the top of my head in a messy bun and being done with it. I'm incredibly tempted to go for a chop and get a good few inches snipped off but the last time I went to the hairdressers, I left with an ear-level cut that just looked absolutely horrendous. That was three years ago, I've since grown out my hair to a length that is now too long and difficult to maintain, so watch this space- the new year could bring a new haircut!

 Feelunique was the last website that I got my debit card wielding claws on, and they had a pretty great sale on, but I resisted temptation and just picked up three things that I'd been craving for a while. Korres' Vanilla Cinnamon Shower Gel made it into the theoretical basket- I don't look for much in a shower gel, as long as they smell nice and do the job. A sweet vanilla scent paired with spicy cinnamon? I'm not sure how it's taken this long to be in my possession... After reading a lot of hype about the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, I thought I'd pick it up in the little 30ml bottle. I'm still not sure how I intend to use this, it'll probably fit in quite nicely as a hydrating toner but it's early days with this one- it smells absolutely divine though. Lastly, I picked up This Works' Deep Sleep Stress Less. It's pretty well known in our family that I just don't get much sleep due to pent up stress, I really do have some pretty rough nights that end up heralding me with as little as three/four hours a night, and I've not branched into the world of aromatherapy before so fingers crossed this'll have me out like a light in no time.

Did you pick up any bits in the Boxing Day sales?

6 comments :

  1. I've been 'good' and actually haven't purchased anything really - not counting some MUA bits from Superdrug as and when I see them in stock. I'm trying to wait until a scholarship payment in March before I buy all the bits I'm lusting after, though I admit my patience is slowly disappearing!

    http://ninegrandstudent.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely need to take a leaf out of your book! Just hang on to that patience of yours for a little longer.. xx

      Delete
  2. As a fellow insomniac I need to try the Stress Less, especially handy for exam time!! Love your blog.

    http://lettersfrombee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'd say give it a whirl, the Dr Faust Awake/Asleep potions are next on my list! And thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, you picked up some great stuff! I love the ren clear calm 3 but its a bit too much for me in the winter

    http://mercuteify.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, my skin is on the oilier side at the moment so it's still working for me so far.. fingers crossed it doesn't change any time soon because I seriously love it! xx

      Delete