The Face Mask Duo

Since receiving Aveda's Intensive Hydrating Masque for Christmas, I've discovered it's perfect pairing. It's still great by itself for a hydrating boost, but coupled with Aesop's Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque (which I am almost all out of, but a repurchase is on the cards), they are a dream team for a smoother, softer, calmer complexion.

Firstly, post-cleanse, I like to take a hot, damp flannel/cloth of some sort and hold it over my face- not only does it feel immensely relaxing, but it really helps the Aesop mask to cleanse a little deeper, and it's a fantastic little trick for softening the skin. I'll then go straight in and apply a 'not too thick, not too thin' layer the Aesop Parsley Seed mask all over my face, concentrating it particularly on the centre of my face, where I am currently suffering from quite blemished, irritated skin. Then I'll wait for it to dry- the instructions recommend no longer than 15 minutes, but I usually wait for it to dry completely which takes a little longer. I'll then remove this by firstly using the damp flannel, and then rinsing off any extra bits with my hands. Instantly, my skin feels smoother and softer and just deeply cleansed in a way that doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped at all.

For the second step, I'll slather on the Intensive Hydrating Masque, in all of its transparent gel-like glory. My skin drinks this up completely, and is not irritated in it by the slightest, it just feels so soothing and calming and it just feels like such a treat to use. Again, I'll leave it on but this time only for about 5-10 minutes as it doesn't need as long. I'll remove this mask the same way as the first, by running a flannel under hot water and placing it on the skin (no rubbing motions), dabbing away at my face until most of the mask is off. Then I'll just use my hands to rinse off any extra- as it's a clear mask, there's usually some parts I miss with the cloth. My skin just feels incredible after this little dual step pampering session, totally soft and smooth and cleansed- I usually reserve this combination for Sunday evenings only, but lately it's been slipping into part of my midweek cleansing routines, it's just so darn addictive!

To whack things up a notch, you could sandwich an exfoliating mask in the middle and really give your skin a good sloughing, but for now, this is enough for me.

Do you have a two-step face mask system? Which products do you use?

5 comments :

  1. I love the Origins Clear Improvement Mask, I find it really helps to keep break outs at bay.

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I've heard so much about this- should've asked for it for Christmas! Thanks for the recommendation lovely xx

      Delete
  2. I rely on the origins charcoal mask, but I loce the sound of the aesop parsley seed mask!

    http://mercuteify.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can get around to trying it out soon, it definitely sounds like a good one. I have now repurchased the Aesop mask because it's that good, definitely worth the investment too as it lasts for aaaaages xx

      Delete
  3. These look like amazing products. I would love to try them. I think a lot of times with all we do to our face we forget about the skin on the rest of our bodies! Especially in the areas we shave. A lot of irritation is a result of women not using quality blades or changing them often enough. But who can blame them--have you seen the prices for replacement blades? We're a shaving company called Dorco and we want to change all that. We wanted to put the word out to your readers living in the U.S. and Canada that our quality razors cost up to 70% less than leading brands. And you don't have to sacrifice quality to save that much. Read what others think about our products and our prices at DorcoUSA.com. With Dorco, you can afford to change your blades often, and that means happier, healthier skin. Thanks again for such a great post, and for hearing us out!

    ReplyDelete