The Sunday Post: Looking Back At The Year

With 2013 well and truly over, I've been contemplating the happenings of last year, and making a mental mindmap of the things that I'd like to accomplish this year. Some call them resolutions, but I'm just putting them out there as general concepts. Anyway, I tapped back into all of last years memories to give you my review... of the year 2013. (Swift apologies for not having the creativity to spell this photo out in beauty products. Unfortunately, we can't all be Anna!)


To be honest, 2013 brought about some real highs and lows. Some of those highs included: beginning this blog- I'm feeling quite happy with how things have been working out lately, I've worked out a schedule that has enabled me to blog fairly regularly and I'm really enjoying the whole 'community feel' as such of the blogosphere; finishing school back in June was quite an exciting time- I wasn't really sure what to do as I'd chosen to take a gap year but I quickly found a job and despite having no friends in my town (they're all at uni, sad times), I've never been closer to my family so that is a real positive aspect of taking a gap year; and overcoming anxiety- I've blogged about it before, but I suffered from anxiety for years before realising that a change in attitude was all that I needed to overcome it.

Some of the lows, however, included: deciding not to go to university- I sometimes wish that I hadn't taken a gap year but I hadn't been certain about a course and I didn't really want to go to uni at the time; making the choice to retake my A-Levels- this year I'll be retaking two of my exams in the hope of improving my results, it'll be a lot of studying and I still haven't quite worked out how I'm going to handle my time; and suffering a pretty huge loss of confidence- it sounds hypocritical but this isn't directly related to anxiety... if you've followed this blog for a while and/or read any of my skincare posts recently then you'll know that my skin has been bothering me, and, as much as I'd like to- and often do- just brush it off and not let it affect me mentally, sometimes I find it difficult to cope with, so hopefully everything will begin to clear up this year.

I'm eagerly anticipating 2014, and hopefully it will be the year that I: go out of my comfort zone- I really want to start going out of my comfort zone more, whether it be trying new foods, talking to new people or going to a new place; make the big move to university- I reapplied to university a few months ago and have had some unconditional offers meaning that I can definitely go.. I'm sure I'll be really nervous when the time comes though as I'm a tee-total homebody vegetarian (i.e not everybody's ideal flatmate haha) but for now I'm just looking forward to a few more structured, purposeful years; pass my driving test- I'm all booked in for January 29th so it'd be nice to pass it; and oversee the potential growth of this blog- this one speaks for itself, I started this blog back in February and it's reaching a larger audience every month- for which I am incredibly thankful- because, dear reader, it's all down to you.

What did you think of 2013, and what are your goals for 2014?

6 comments :

  1. To be more organised, I'm terrible!

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you could overcome your anxiety! I hope 2014 will bring you loads of joy and that uni will be great :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, what a lovely comment! I hope 2014 brings you health and happiness above all xx

      Delete
  3. Well done overcoming your anxiety. I'm going to uni too this year, so exciting :) x
    Last chance to enter my MAC giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Ooh yay! I'm excited now, but also a little bit nervous xx

      Delete