January Favourites

It appears that January has somehow finally come to an end, and after what seems to have been the slowest, longest month ever, I've rounded up a few of my favourites to show you guys!



I've not been going too wild with my skincare this month, I'm not happy with everything that's going into my routine as I'm still having quite a few issues (seven cysts at once with a load of scarring? Thanks skin..) but I have found a satisfactory moisturising combo in the form of Trilogy's Rosehip Oil mixed with Origins High Potency Night-a-Mins; using these together hasn't caused any skin irritation and has been leaving me with quite a soft, plump complexion come morning.

With my aforementioned breakout-central skin showing yet more signs of cystic lumps and bumps, I've been turning to Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion an unhealthy amount- second bottle alert-, although it's been helping to calm any potential cystic breakouts, the alcohol in this little bottle has been drying my skin out no end, so I'm looking for another effective cyst-busting treatment that's a little less drying- any recommendations?

Phytocedrat has been making a twice-weekly appearance in my haircare stash, consistently impressing with its ability to leave my hair clean, soft and nourished- I'm looking forward to purchasing a few more Phyto bits at some point during the month, especially as I've been on a bit of a spending ban this month (saving for holidays and university can be such a killer).

I've surprisingly had a couple of makeup favourites this month, starting with Urban Decay's Revolution lipstick in 'Streak', a gorgeous peachy-pink colour with a stunning cream formula that actually lasts around for a little while- this has even managed to steer me away from my much-loved dark reds and vampy plums, which is quite some feat. Next up comes in the form of a brow product, and it's the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil that I've been turning to each day to keep my brows in check. The waxy, naturally ashy, long-lasting formula paired with the convenient spoolie makes brow service both quick and effective, so I can't see myself straying from this for quite some time.

As a sidenote, this month I've been really enjoying watching 'Hostages'- for those of you that don't know, it's a US show about a family that are taken hostage with the main character and matriarch, Dr Sanders, given a mission to kill the president. There are plenty of plot twists and enough drama to keep you on the edge of your seat but unlike some other dramas, it isn't filled with violence or crudity (something that i'm very grateful of!).

What have you been loving this month?

2 comments :

  1. I'd love to try the UD lipstick in streak, I love the formula

    http://mercuteify.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formulas are so darn good- definitely eyeing up a few more! xxx

      Delete