The 'Get Well Soon' Edit

I'm sure we've all been there, be it years ago- lucky you- or within the past week- raises hand- winter brings with it strains of the common cold, flu, and all sorts of other nasty illnesses. Personally, having a cold means stuffy sinuses, dry and chapped skin, along with headaches and hunger, so here's a detailed look at what products lie on my bedside table to get me through the day when I start to feel a bit unwell:


























I think that whenever you're ill, particularly in winter, moisture is your best friend. Drink water in abundance, and treat your skin to a really intense hydration session. My hydration warriors come in the form of Aveda's Intensive Hydrating Masque and Origins' GinZing moisturiser, the former is a clear gel mask that you leave on for five-ten minutes before rinsing off to really achieve a good moisture boost, whilst the latter is a deceptively light day moisturiser that sinks into the skin very nicely, providing a great base for makeup if you're going to be up and about! It's an easy choice for the lips- Nuxe Reve de Miel is just my go-to balm, it's great for chapped lips or just for deeply nourishing the lips.

For my eyes, I've been trying out REN's Keep Young and Beautiful Anti-Ageing Eye Cream- award for most unnecessarily long name right there- and it's really lovely to smooth around your eyes; it's creamy (obv) and moisturising enough to leave your eye area looking plump and healthy come morning.

Illness and sleep don't really tend to go hand in hand, particularly when you're suffering due to the bitterly cold weather. To make a good night's sleep more likely, I'll use This Works' Deep Sleep Stress Less rollerball on my wrists and pillow. The essential oil blend is quite heavily scented so it's like a foolproof dream-inducer.

Go all out with your supplements and medicines- I'm a fan of Vitamin C tablets and whatever ibuprofen I can find lying around the house. Strepsils are a great way of pretending to cure your sore throat whilst you secretly enjoy being able to effectively eat sweets at work- the Honey & Lemon are my favourite. I guess you should probably be eating healthily too- balanced diet = healthy body n'all.. so popcorn is [probably not] the best way to achieve that- it isn't super healthy but equally it doesn't have to be horribly calorific and full of nasties. Propercorn's Sweet & Salty is just my go-to right now.. who said you couldn't have the best of both worlds?

3 comments :

  1. Lovely post! When I get ill I seriously struggle with falling asleep and you're right, the This Works oil is amazing, but I love the pillow spray even more. Love the Nuxe Reve de Miel for wintertime, it's so nourishing!

    x Giada | The Beauty Recensionist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such wonderful things about the pillow spray, I wanted to pick it up when I bought the rollerball but it was sold out :(. Totally agree with you, it just leaves your lips feeling so healthy! xx

      Delete