Life is an Adventure...

I have some exciting news that you'll already probably know about if you follow me on twitter, but I'm so excited about it that I thought I'd write up a post as well.. just to keep you informed. I'm going stateside guys! (In June.. so soon!)


I've been getting slightly disillusioned with my gap year- I originally planned to travel with friends but as they opted for university, I ended up getting into the routine of working and I knew that if I didn't plan something, it would lead to plenty of regrets- so after the initial panic of realising my passport would need to be renewed, I decided to just be completely impulsive and book everything up. 

Anybody that knows me is fully aware of how bad my anxiety has been for the last few years but having felt much less anxious over the past few months, I kind of wanted to plan this trip to celebrate that.. However, I am quite nervous as the trip brings with it a whole load of 'first's: I'll be flying out by myself and meeting up with a tour group out there (first time flying by myself, first long haul flight, first trip without family, furthest away from home, longest time away from home) and the trip is a 50/50 mixture between staying in a hotel and camping (first time camping, seriously not looking forward to that), but it's also my first time in the US- particularly LA, which is a place I've wanted to visit for absolutely aaaages, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Overall it's a long, long way out of my comfort zone, but hey- it'll be an adventure! Hopefully it will prompt me to book up some other trips to places on my wanderlust list (Western Cape, Sydney, Reykjavik). Anyway, if any of you guys have any advice on where to go/tips on flying solo/recommendations on any US beauty bits.. I hope you didn't think I'd go all that way and not pick up anything.. then please do let me know in the comments below or tweet me.

When did you last have an adventure?

2 comments :

  1. I've never been to California but one of my best friends lives in LA and she loves it but she said the traffic is horrible! You need to take a trip to sephora of course :)

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I can imagine! I'll plan to get around via walking as much as possible ;) and oh yesss Sephora is top of the list! xx

      Delete