Pixi Glow Tonic Revisited

Pixi Glow Tonic is back, and it's all kinds of new: new packaging, new online accessibility, new US shipping.. The only thing that hasn't changed is the formula. So theoretically there's no reason why I should be doing another review of this, but my skin has changed. The last time I reviewed this, I was on antibiotics so it seemed as though every product I used was working wonders for my skin, but having stopped taking the antibiotics, my skin broke out like crazy (it's very slowly beginning to recover), so it's reacting differently to all of the products I had been using.


























I've been using this every night- that's right- in the evening immediately post cleanse, and I've been waiting for around ten minutes ish for it to begin working its magic, before going on top with treatments, oils, moisturisers and the like. Unlike when I first used this (whilst on antibiotics), this time around, Glow Tonic doesn't feel like a gentle 'nibbling' sensation, I actually found it to make my face feel quite itchy and uncomfortable (which is probably exactly how acid toners are supposed to make you feel), but having persevered, this didn't last for too long and now my face has completely adjusted and the temporary itchiness is gone.

Fortunately, the results of using this remain unchanged, it really does help with rough patches, brightening the skin, cell renewal, the sloughing of dead skin cells.. it's effective where all of those are concerned. Since I've resumed using this, I must admit gradually seeing a difference in my skin- it's no overnight wonder product, but it's a staple of my skincare routine. Scarring is currently quite a big skincare concern of mine, and I even find this to help out with some of that!

If you fancy testing out Pixi's cult classic Glow Tonic, then it's £16 from the flagship London store, or equally you can pick it up online now- delivery charges are applicable. 

8 comments :

  1. I'm thinking of revisiting this too, I also loved it first time round! Is it just the packaging that's coloured or is it the actual liquid? It was a very, very pale yellow last time I had it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the liquid, I remember it being a lot paler too- it comes out quite clear though. Strange one! xx

      Delete
  2. I always wanted to try this, and I love the new revisited bottle. If it feels itchy it means it's effective, so I'm definitely going to add this to my to-buy list as soon as possible.

    x Giada | The Beauty Recensionist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so! It's really been working so well lately, hope you enjoy it! xx

      Delete
  3. I recently bought this and I'm loving it so far! My skin looks so smooth and rejuvenated I absolutely love it! X

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww glad to hear it, it's a wonder product! xx

      Delete
  4. OMG US shipping! Yay! I've been dying to try this for ages- I'll need to pick it up when I finish my current exfoliating toner

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell to the yeahhhh! You will love it, I promise! xx

      Delete