USA Recap Part I: LA to San Diego

If you're a regular reader of this blog, then you might know (a.k.a you would definitely know because I've harped on about it 10000 times), I went to the US at the beginning of June- hence no blogposts. Anyway, I'm back on English soil now so what better to do than write a post- or perhaps a series of posts- filling you all in!

I flew out to LA with Virgin Atlantic who were actually really great to fly with- they gave me a ton of food basically- and had some lovely seat partners to chat with. Post-landing, I caught a shuttle bus to the hotel and met some of the group I'd be travelling with for the next few weeks, then we all went out to dinner at Pono Burger. The next day, we left the hotel quite early to start the drive to San Diego, stopping off at Orange County which was crazily picturesque, as the photos below might show! 

Then we got to San Diego and went to a little town called La Jolla, where we rented some kayaks and paddled out into the [supposedly shark-infested] ocean to a sealion cove. It was absolutely amazing; we were so close to the sealions and they were absolutely everywhere, just lazing about. We paddled back to shore, with the instructors giving us some history about the place (we saw Theodor Geisel's house- bonus points to anybody who recognises that name), and went for some frozen yoghurt, then back to our campsite for some dinner and sleep. 

Arriving in Orange County 
The view from Ralph's across the street


At the kayak rental shop- definitely take a trip down there if you live near La Jolla! 
Palm. Trees. Everywhere. 
Frozen yoghurt is a pretty big deal in the US- definitely a new favourite food of mine!

That was the first two days of my trip, the rest will be up at some point later on in the week. Apologies for the photo heavy-ish post (some of the other days will be much more picture-laden), I hope you enjoyed this first insight into what I've been up to this month! I absolutely loved La Jolla; it was such a pretty little beach town and probably somewhere that I'd love to live if I had the chance. Stay tuned for the next few days- I've got Scottsdale and the Grand Canyon coming up next... 

2 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you had such a great trip! The pictures are gorgeous and the fro-yo looks incredable
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! I've been watching your London and Edinburgh vlogs and looks like you had a lovely time too xx

      Delete